Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Dlvr.it

Most of us have used some platforms built on top of social networks like facebook and twitter. Services like Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, and Socialoomph come to mind (they are actually the top three). I've used them for a bit, but found them too bulky, especially if you are not working in a fixed office, but often on the road, relying on the small screen of a netbook or even more portable device. What I wanted was a service that simply published my content to a selection of targets.

I recently discovered such a service: dlvr.it. This is indeed very simple to use and manageable on a portable device. I've set up several "routes", which connect sources to targets.
Sources are (reusable) collections of feeds from a blogger, wordpress or tumblr blog, a joomla or drupal or any other CMS site, or a spiced-up feedburner feed, and link these sources to "targets", which can be facebook pages or groups, twitter accounts, tumblr sites, and a number of other possibilities.

It also offers a nice widget to place on your website, a decent stats page, and the possibility to send direct messages to one of your target streams.

Their way to monetize is called "promoted stories". While I haven't tried I the service, I can imagine it might be a fair deal for a company building up audience. It promises to boost your search and social network visibility. Their pricing is on a per-story basis.

The service hasn't been down since I've started using it a few months ago, and I can recommend this to all bloggers out there.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Lady Gaga, Salman Khan